Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A New Balance

The other day I had a reiki session from my friend, Tony.  For those of you who are reading this and saying, "What the hell is reiki, lady?", I will attempt to describe it.  And for those of you who are reading and saying, "Ah, yes, reiki, that will be good for you, lady", please forgive me if I butcher the description.

Reiki is a spiritual kind of practice that involves moving and transferring energy.   Basically, the person who is performing the session stands over the subject and lightly touches or places their hands on the person receiving the treatment.  The reiki master then kind of moves the energy about, helping the subject to regain a sense of balance.  (I think their aura is being cleansed too, but that's not really part of the description.)  Yes, I know this is somewhat vague.  Ask Tony or Wendy if you'd like to know the full explanation.  They're the masters.

Anyway, so I had the session with Tony last week.  Although I am not sure I really understand and/or believe the ideas behind reiki,  I am all about anything that will allow me to lie on a bed for an hour without really moving or needing to do anything.  No doubt.  Anyway, things were going well.  I was feeling relaxed and peaceful. And then all of sudden, while I was lying on my stomach, something happened.

I felt like I was being suffocated. I felt like Tony was pressing his hands in my upper back as hard as he could.  (He wasn't.)  I started seeing some kind of crazy, and scary, I might add, visions.  It was not fun or pleasant or relaxing.  I was actually scared.

And then, it was over.

Now, Gentle Reader, as I said, I am not one that normally buys into the supernatural, or "woo-woo" stuff as Wendy call it.  However, strange things were *definitely* afoot that night.

But what's even weirder is that in the days to follow, I have felt different.  Good, different.  I have had more energy.  I've been relaxed and not so crazy-stressed as I've been.  More centered & grounded too.

Anyone else have an experience with reiki to share?  I'd love hear what others have (or haven't) gotten out of it.

As for me, I am a (still-slightly-skeptical) believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment