Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Like Father, Like Son

It's been about 5 months since I last posted.  Yeah, she says, calculating the math of being a full-time parent, a full-time professional, and a full-time party girl in her head, that's about right.

Man, it's been a crappy week in so many ways.  Without going into the sordid & boring details, let me just assure you that the sads are happening big time here in Greenwood.  Blech & boo all over the place.

Day 3 of this crappy week is coming to a close, and I have to pick Boo up from daycare.  When I arrive, our nanny informs me that he is cranky & crab-tastic.  Awesome.  Just the joyous news I was hoping to hear.  I scoop him up and run for the door, hoping we can make it home before the true Boo-Beast emerges from his evening cave. 

He seems okay though.  He's bopping around and rockin' & rollin'.  He enjoys a delicious and nutritious dinner.  He plays some games.  He's laughing.  Then I get a text and my crabbiness returns.  I have to take a little while to sort out some stuff via text and then over the phone.  I feel stressed and anxious and generally, as I said, crabby. 

And Boo is wonderful.

He sits at my feet smiling up at me and laughing.  When I stand up while talking on the phone, he hugs my legs.  He is constantly touching me and beaming at me.  I swear to God, he knew I was stressed out and trying to make me feel better. 

This little being came from my body, he is my heart - could it be that he instictively knows that his Mama is blue and needs him to be calm & comforting?  Could he sense that I needed his mellow joy during my time of overwrought chaos?  Could he really *get* me like that already?

Yeah, that kid is his father's son all right.  Damn.  How did I get so lucky? 

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to you Emily. Love this post. Yes, I think he *gets* you already. What a wonderful little guy. <3

    ReplyDelete